Plug and play Car CD player USB
The latest vehicles proved to be compatible
List of incompatible vehicles.
Why do we need a CD in the car when you can stream everything from your phone or rip the CD content to MP3 on a USB stick? Nothing sounds quite as good as the original soundtrack when played on your CD does it?
How much easier was it just to pop a disc in and press play?
Modern car radios have moved away from in-dash CD or even CD multi-changers because it is becoming like the cassette tape, an out of date medium, BUT if you really liked the convenience and sound quality we have the answer.
People have tried to improvise with computer disc drives or cheap CD drives from eBay, these devices are not smart and don't have the correct drivers for most car stereo units so they simply don't work.
The new small hideaway plug and play CD player simply works out of the box as long as your USB Media player supports .wav file playback (which most modern cars have).
No more ripping CDs to MP3
Single Connection to the vehicle through the USB cable, no additional connections to be made.
This new CD player upgrade from Adaptiv gives you back that choice, allowing you to enjoy your music on the move via disc in newer vehicles without a CD deck. Simply plug the CD player into the vehicles USB port and control it as you would a USB media device. Installation takes minutes and the included sticky pad ensures that the product can be secured firmly in any suitable location inside the vehicle.
NOTE: Compatible with head units with a USB Media player that supports .wav file playback (please check your radio handbook before ordering)
If you are unsure about the compatibility of your head unit please contact us -
We don't have compatibility information about every car, we are building this list.
If you purchase the CD player and it doesn't work on your car, we will happily accept the unit back for a refund (within 14 days of delivery)
Features & Benefits
Control the CD player as you would a USB media device
- Small hideaway device
- Simple USB plug and play (Single USB connection to the car)
- CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW
- USB 2.0
- 148mm (D) x 145mm (W) x 35mm (H)
Visit our Knowledge Base for more information on this product.
Latest vehicles proved to be compatible
List of incompatible vehicles.
QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
The ADV-USBCD is a conversion unit that has been designed to communicate with your vehicles USB hub. The ADV-USBCD’s USB hub has a buffered memory. This means it is designed to hold a small amount of information from the media file to ensure smooth playback. It is important to understand this process and how it works to ensure full customer satisfaction and proper operation.
1. Connect unit to the USB port.
Note: as the wiring is a data wire, dedicated charging ports will not be viable.
2. With the vehicles ignition on, proceed to select USB1/USB2 on your radio (depending on which port you occupy). Note: the unit may not be found by the factory radio until a CD has been inserted. The process of identification could take up to 20 seconds upon disc insertion.
3. With the disc inserted, wait roughly 15-20 seconds for the ADV-USBCD to fully ‘Index’ the relevant CD information. Note: the CD may start playing, but the ADV-USBCD will still be indexing information as stated above. To avoid the chance of erratic playback/skipping of songs, please leave the unit alone for the allotted time. If playback is interrupted, eject the current CD and replace with an alternate CD and repeat the above process.
4. Once the ADV-USBCD has fully indexed the CD, you can proceed to operate all the CD’s songs and track listing through your factory radio as normal.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.