The ML 1800.3 Legend has been thought and designed for the enthusiasts attending contests who need a component merging the timbre accuracy of ML 1650.3 Legend to a wider extension to the low frequencies thanks to the large emission surface, higher power handling and control which only a 50 mm voice coil can ensure. To get to these results, the R&D staff performed extensive in-car voicing sessions, after building several prototypes with the FEA simulation method and testing them with a wide array of measurements carried out with the Klippel® suite. Like in the suspensions of competition cars, the surround must stand the most extreme working conditions to ensure maximum stability and symmetry at high excursions, and so to achieve impact and extension to the low frequency range. For this reason, the electro-acoustic designers developed a new surround-basket gluing system called “Boundary Free Surround”. This technology, provides the ability to achieve wider emission surface of the cone compared to speakers with same diameter; that way, the cone manages to move a bigger mass of air, so it produces more acoustic pressure.
1. Neodymium magnet optimized with FEA simulations, for superior dynamics and control.
2. Very low carbon content CNC machined plates, for maximum magnetic permeability and low distortion at high power levels.
3. Extremely pure copper covered central pole and one-layer mobile coil, for a wider extension in the high frequency range.
4. Exponential V-cone® with optimized geometry for utmost linearity and dispersion.
5. CONEX spider with optimized profile, for maximum transparent acoustics at mid-high frequency.
6. “Boundary Free” IIR rubber surround, for better efficiency and wider mid-bass frequency.
7. Pressed-pulp cone with cotton fibres, combining stiffness and lightweight, to achieve wide frequency response and limited break-ups at high frequency.
8. Junction point between cone and former with geometry optimized with FEA methods, allowing a more integral coupling, thus ensuring wider extension at high frequency.
9. Three-spoke, very acoustically transparent anti-resonant aluminium alloy basket featuring built-in venting holes.
10. CNC machined elegant diamond-cut basket edge featuring the Hertz logo. 11. Die-cast aluminium factory provided grille featuring diamond-cut aluminium Hertz logo.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.