Hertz Cento CPX 165 Pro car audio coaxial speaker
Hertz Cento speakers are designed for those who are looking for a powerful yet airy sound. Featuring many of the design strategies of the Hertz Mille Pro range at a fraction of the cost.
In particular, the all-important cooling vents on the base plate ensure that voice coils are kept temperature stable - Essential for a linear performance. The centrally-mounted Teflon dome tweeter utilises these cooling vents as a back chamber reducing the resonant frequency and assisting with a smooth frequency transition from high-mid frequencies. The pressed paper cone and large butyl surround featured on the woofer help deliver a punch and low-end power. Hertz Cento delivers excellent performance at this price level.
See this article from Driving Sounds...
- Power Handling - Peak 285 Watts
- Power Handling - Continuous 95 Watts
- Impedance - 4Ohms
- Frequency response Hz 45 - 22k
- Sensitivity dB SPL 92
- Woofer size mm (in.) 165 (6.5)
- Woofer Voice Coil diameter mm (in.) 25 (1)
- Tweeter voice coil diameter mm (in.) 20 (0.8)
- Woofer magnet High-density flux ferrite
- Tweeter magnet Neodymium
- Woofer cone Pressed-paper cone
- Tweeter dome Teflon
1. Soft Tetolon fibre dome tweeter featuring a 20 mm mobile voice coil cooled with ferrofluid, for natural and extended high frequencies.
2. Radial Venting System technology including 8 venting holes for an excellent cooling of the voice coil and a natural midrange, featuring a low tweeter Fs, thanks to the air exchange with the support that acts as a large rear chamber
3. 25mm diameter pure copper coil to guarantee high excursions.
4. Pressed paper cone with FEM-optimized geometry combining rigidity and lightness for colour-free sound.
5. High-density ferrite magnet in combination with low carbon polar plates for a reduced distortion at high power levels.
6. 3-spoke, compact and transparent basket acoustically combined with an anti-vibration rubber magnet cover for an overall damping of spurious vibrations.
7. Stylish grille with high resistance ABS plastic frame with metal finish combined with a protective metallic mesh.
The CPX 165 car audio coaxial provides the thrill of listening to the Hertz sound even when the vehicle does not allow the installation of a two-way kit. The Tetolon dome tweeter and Neodymium magnet is provided with off-axis dispersion features and exceptional frequency extension for a detailed, airy sound. Radial Venting System technology ensures unparalleled cooling of the coil thanks to the eight holes at the base of the engine that allow air exchange with the tweeter support. This acts as a rear camera, sized for low Fs, to ensure a natural midrange and allow a low-frequency crossover point with the woofer. The pressed-paper cone and the butyl rubber suspension offer an extended low-frequency response and an impressive punch. The Mille-inspired design basket features a dampened and protective rubber-coated magnet. The grille, available as optional, is made up of a durable high resistance ABS frame and metallic mesh protection.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.