HELIX DSP MINI MK2
The next generation of the miniature DSP
The smallest HELIX signal processor gets a worthy successor with the DSP MINI MK2. Like its ancestor, this compact DSP is a real technology package. A powerful 64 Bit audio DSP and BurrBrown converters combined with 96 kHz sampling rate and high resolution audio bandwidth up to over 40 kHz provide exceptional sound quality. The MK2 is also at the top level in terms of measured values – a higher maximum output voltage of 6 Volts, significantly increased signal-to-noise ratio and reduced THD ensure the perfect sound.
Of course, the DSP MINI MK2 is based on the ACO platform with 32 Bit CoProcessor, which not only handles all control tasks with incredible speed, but also enables proprietary sound effects such as Augmented Bass Processing or RealCenter and, last but not least, a channel-separated Input EQ including Input Signal Analyzer (ISA).
Seamless integration and maximum control even in the smallest spaces
As the installation space for sound systems in modern vehicles is becoming increasingly limited, the connection of individual components is getting more complicated and puts the durability of plugs and cables to the test. The Smart Control Port (SCP) of the DSP MINI MK2 allows the multifunctional connection of accessory products and now even takes over their complete power supply. The solid design with snap-in function guarantees a stable connection while helping to prevent plug and cable damage and thus facilitates compact, space-saving installation concepts.
All on board
The equipment package makes it clear that the name of the DSP MINI MK2 only refers to the dimensions as there are absolutely no compromises in terms of functionality. Our intelligent highlevel input with ADEP.3 circuit (Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection, 3rd Generation), the Auto Remote switch, an optical input as well as the HELIX Extension Card slot (HEC slot) for system add-ons like Bluetooth® HD or High Resolution audio streaming via USB are, of course, part of the basic features.
- Extremely powerful 64 Bit “fixed point” Audio DSP with 1.2 billion MAC operations per second
- High Resolution audio bandwidth up to more than 40 kHz for unrivalled sound quality
- A/D and D/A signal converters from BurrBrown
- Advanced CoProcessor (ACO) for extended feature set
- Input Signal Analyzer (ISA) and InputEQ
- DSP Sound Effects (SFX) such as the “Augmented Bass Processing” which dynamically optimizes the bass response of the subwoofer, the “StageXpander” that significantly widens the stereo perspective, the “RealCenter” function, which allows a perfectly focussed sound staging for both driver and co-driver and much more
- 10 internal memory locations for sound setups
- Smart highlevel input with ADEP.3 circuit and Auto Turn-On function
- Optical digital input in SPDIF format
- Compact, future-proof Smart Control Port (SCP)
- HEC slot for system expansions for additional input / output modules like Bluetooth® Audio Streaming, High Resolution Audio Streaming via USB etc.
- Freely definable signal routing with separate matrices for line, SPDIF and HEC/AUX
- Optimal signal path and power supply for further improved sound quality
- “Ground lift” switch to avoid ground loops
- Very compact dimensions for easy integration into the vehicle
- Easiest configuration via the intuitive DSP PC-Tool V4 software
96 kHz sampling rate
The HELIX DSP MINI MK2 allows to handle all signals with the doubled sampling rate of 96 kHz. Thus the audio bandwidth is no longer limited to usual values like 22 kHz but allows an extended frequency response to more than 40 kHz. Doubling the sampling rate requires significantly higher DSP power as the number of possible arithmetic operations is halved. Only the implementation of the latest DSP chip generation allows raising the sampling rate to 96 kHz and adding new features at the same time.
ACO – Advanced 32 Bit CoProcessor
The HELIX DSP MINI MK2 incorporates an extraordinary powerful 32 Bit CoProcessor of the latest generation for all monitoring and communication tasks, both internally and externally. In opposite to the 8 Bit predecessor generation this MCU achieves way higher speeds with respect to setup switching and data communication with our DSP PC-Tool software. A further significant advantage is the integrated, native boot loader of the CoProcessor. It allows software upgrades of all components of the DSP in order to adjust the microcontroller-controlled ADEP.3 circuit for example at future modifications / changes in the diagnostic system of factory radios or if the device will be extended with additional interfaces. In addition, thanks to the new flash memory, the ACO offers 10 memory locations for sound setups instead of the common two.
Smart highlevel input ADEP.3
Modern, factory-installed car radios incorporate sophisticated possibilities of diagnosing the connected speakers. In particular the latest generation of car radios are equipped with additional monitoring functions so that failure messages and loss of specific features (e.g. fader function) quite often appear if a signal processor will be hooked up – but not with the DSP MINI MK2.
The new ADEP.3 circuit (Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection, 3rd Generation) avoids all these problems without loading the speaker outputs of the OE radio during high volumes unnecessarily.
The switched power supply of the HELIX DSP MINI MK2 assures a constant internal supply voltage even if the battery’s voltage drops to 6 Volts during engine crank.
Power Save Mode
The Power Save Mode is incorporated in the basic setup. It allows to significantly reduce the power consumption of the amplifiers that are connected to the HELIX DSP MINI MK2 once there’s no input signal present for more than 60 seconds. Please note that in many up-to-date cars with “CAN” or any other internal
bus structures it may happen that the radio remains “invisibly” turned on for up to 45 min. even after locking and leaving the car! Once the “Power Save Mode“ is active the remote output and therefore the connected amplifiers will be turned off. The HELIX DSP MINI MK2 will reactivate the remote output within a second if a music signal is applied. It is possible to either modify the turn-off time of 60 sec. or completely deactivate the “Power Save Mode” via the DSP PC-Tool software.
Automatic Digital Signal Detection
The HELIX DSP MINI MK2 allows signal-controlled switching between the analog inputs and the digital input. As soon as an input signal is detected on the Optical Input, the signal processor automatically switches to this input. This feature can be deactivated in the DSP PC-Tool software. Alternatively you can use an optional remote control for manual switching between analog and digital inputs.
- Inputs: 4 x RCA / Cinch, 4 x Highlevel speaker input, 1 x Optical SPDIF (12 - 96 kHz), 1 x Remote In
- Input sensitivity: RCA / Cinch 2 - 4 Volts, Highlevel 5 - 11 Volts
- Outputs: 6 x RCA / Cinch, 1 x Remote Out
- Output voltage: 6 Volts
- Frequency response: 10 Hz - 44,000 Hz
- DSP resolution: 64 Bit
- DSP power: 295 MHz (1.2 billion MAC operations/second)
- Sampling rate: 96 kHz
- DSP type: Audio signal processor
- Signal converters: A/D: BurrBrown, D/A: BurrBrown
- Signal-to-noise ratio digital input: 112 dB (A-weighted)
- Signal-to-noise ratio analog input: 107 dB (A-weighted)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD+N) digital input: < 0.0008 %
- Total harmonic distortion (THD+N) analog input: < 0.002 %
- IM distortion (IMD) digital input: < 0.003 %
- IM distortion (IMD) analog input: < 0.005 %
- Crosstalk: > 90 dB
- Operating voltage: 9.6 - 17 Volts (max. 5 sec. down to 6 Volts)
- Power rating: DC 12 V ⎓ 3 A max.
- Current draw: < 480 mA
- Max. remote output current: 500 mA
- Additional features: HEC slot, Ground lift switch, Smart Control Port, 32 Bit CoProcessor, ADEP.3 circuit, Auto Remote switch
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 40 x 177 x 104 mm / 1.58 x 6.97 x 4.09”
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.