Some vehicles may bring up a "Battery Discharge" warning on the dashboard is a Dashcam is left running in Parking Mode for several hours. This is due to the vehicles detecting excessive battery drain
Fitting a separate battery pack is a good solution.
This battery pack only has a Permanent Power & Ignition Supply going into it for charging (needs to sustain 9.4 amps) The battery pack fully charges to 90% or more in around 1 hour and can power a Single channel camera for approx 43 hours and a 2 channel camera for approx 32 hours. When the ignition is off permanent power to the camera is purely supplied from this battery.
Two versions available
Hardwire: Maximum performance for an entirely professional install
Plug & Play: For people concerned about their vehicle warranty, a plug & play version designed for non-invasive install.
- Input Power 12.0V 15.5V / 10A MAX
- Output Voltage / Current 12.0V 14.6V / 2.0A MAX
- Charging Voltage / Current 14.6V / 7A(Hardwire) or 14.6V / 5A(Cigar Jack)
- Charging Time About 45 minutes (by Hardwire to Fuse Box) - About 60 minutes (by Cigar Jack Power Cable)
- Usage Time 1ch: about 20 hours (2.9Wh) - 2ch: about 16 hours (3.5Wh)
- Battery LiFePo4 (Lithium iron phosphate)
- Battery Capacity 12.8V 4,500mAh 57.6Wh
- Product Dimension 165.4(W) x 131.2(L) x 36.8(H) / Weight: 0.95(kg)
- Operating Temperature Charging: 0C~45C
- Discharging: -10C~60C - (Cell skin temperature cannot exceed 80C)
- Storage Temperature -10C ~ 60C
- Storage Humidity Range 65% 20%RH
- (Recommended to store 23 5C for long term)
NOTE: A Thinkware Hardwire Cable is needed to connect your Thinkware camera to either version of the iVolt Mini.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.